Vision, Values & Beliefs
What do we see, our vision?
Our vision as a church is simple - to see communities transformed with the love of God.
To see what this looks like specifically in our 2020 Vision, click here
What is our DNA, our values?
Humility – before God and with others
“Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tender-hearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.” – Colossians 3:12
Honesty – what we say and how we live
“What joy for those whose record the Lord has cleared of guilt, whose lives are lived in complete honesty!” – Psalm 32:2
Expectancy – faith for the future, ready for change
“Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.” – 1 Corinthians 13:7
Generosity – towards God and towards others
“Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so unreliable. Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment. Tell them to use their money to do good. They should be rich in good works and generous to those in need, always being ready to share with others. By doing this they will be storing up their treasure as a good foundation for the future so that they may experience true life.” – 1 Timothy 6:17-19
Unity – one God, one vision, shared values
“Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ? Any comfort from his love? Any fellowship together in the Spirit? Are your hearts tender and compassionate? Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose.” – Philippians 2:1-2
Diversity – all ages, celebrating difference
“Don’t think you are better than you really are. Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring yourselves by the faith God has given us. Just as our bodies have many parts and each part has a special function, so it is with Christ’s body. We are many parts of one body, and we all belong to each other.” - Romans 12:3b-5
Tenacity – lifelong dedication
“Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.” – Hebrews 10:36
Liberty – fun and freedom
“We were filled with laughter, and we sang for joy. And the other nations said, “What amazing things the Lord has done for them.”” – Psalm 126:2
Creativity – rejoicing in fresh expression
“O Lord, how manifold are your works! In wisdom have you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures.” – Psalm 104:24
Quality – giving our best to bring God glory
“Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.” – Colossians 3:23
What truths do we hold on to - our beliefs?
As part of the Assemblies of God fellowship, we subscribe to a statement of beliefs, which can be summarised as follows:
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God.
- There is only one true and living God who has revealed himself as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Lord Jesus Christ was born to a virgin, led a perfect life on earth, died for us, was raised from the dead and we await his second coming.
- People were created pure and upright, but chose to do wrong.
- We are saved by faith in Jesus Christ, who died to pay the price for our wrongdoing. When we first believe, we experience a “new birth” brought about by The Holy Spirit.
- All who truly repent and believe in Christ as Lord and Saviour should be baptised by immersion in water.
- Baptism in the Holy Spirit is an essential part of the Christian experience, designed to empower for service and witness.
- The gifts of the Holy Spirit are working in the Church today.
- We must be obedient to God’s commands and live Holy lives.
- Sickness can be cured by Divine Healing.
- All who truly repent and believe in Christ as Lord and Saviour should take part in the Breaking of Bread.
- We believe in both heaven and hell and that faith in Jesus Christ is the only way to gain access to heaven.
For the full Statement of Faith for the AoG, together with associated biblical references, Click Here