We have a talented and enthusiastic staff team here at Wellspring Church, all working in different ways to support the ministries of every member of our church family. We are so grateful that the staff team’s work is made all the more enjoyable and effective because of a growing group of volunteers, some of whom come into the office/centre on a weekly basis to help out.
To find out about each member of the staff team and what they do, have a click below!
Tim is our Senior Minister, and is married to Helen Roberts. They have three enthusiastic children and have lived in the Watford area since the mid-1990s. Together with Helen Tim has been leading Wellspring Church since 1998, and his main role is to provide strategic and visionary leadership to Senior Leadership, and to the church as a whole, through inspirational preaching, leadership development and key decision making… all of this with the wholehearted desire to see God’s life, power, growth and fruit all over the place!
Tim serves in a number of wider leadership roles in the area including Fire Service Chaplain, Chair of Christians Across Watford and Patron of New Hope. Tim is a keen Watford fan and a lifelong Norwich City supporter who loves family barbecues, early mornings, gym visits, design, photography, good movies, inspiring books and long evenings with good friends. In 2014 he was presented with the Mayor's Award for Community Leadership in Watford and in 2015 his first book was published. The Power of One, about the power of Christian Unity to change homes and communities. Since then he has co-authored (with Helen) No More Friendly Fire, a call to end the gender war in the Church.
Follow him on Twitter: @TimRoberts_1
Helen is our part-time Executive Minister, and is married to Tim Roberts. They have three enthusiastic children and have lived in the Watford area since the mid-1990s. Since 1998 Helen has shared the joy and challenges of leading Wellspring Church with a passionate commitment to see our vision become a reality.
Helen serves on the Senior Leadership Team and her role as Executive Minister sees her overseeing the pastoral care team and the staff team, encouraging our staff in their roles to mobilise scores of volunteers engaged in our many life-changing ministries. Helen is an inspiring communicator who loves to help people step into greater freedom as followers of Christ. She has written three 40-day devotionals (published by River) - Be Victorious, Be Fruitful and Be Joyful which are all written to equip the Church to glean daily from powerful Scripture reading. Helen also co-authored (with Tim) No More Friendly Fire, a call to end the gender war in the Church.
She enjoys time with her family, good books, regular exercise and holidays.
Follow her on Twitter: @HelenRoberts_1
David is our Children and Youth Minister; he has also served on our Senior Leadership Team for a number of years. He is married to Hannah and they live in central Watford. His inspiring ministry leading both the Community Kids and Community Youth teams brings truth to life in the hearts and minds of all those under 18. David is passionate about seeing a generation of young people raised up who are confident because God loves them and mission-minded because God sends them. With this vision in mind, David visits local schools and equips various teams who hold events and groups for kids and youth on Sundays and midweek.
David loves food (of almost any variety!), time with family and friends, action movies, games, a variety of sports, anime and most things Oriental.
- Ben joined our staff team in August 2013, primarily on a yearlong internship, alongside his studies at London School of Theology in Northwood. Since graduating with a BA Hons degree in Theology & Worship in September 2014, Ben has served on the staff team here in a number of roles, but is currently working part-time as one of our Worship Leaders.
Ben's primary role is to co-ordinate and prepare our Music & Tech teams for our Sunday services in our Central Watford location, as well as co-ordinating the Worship Core Team – a team made up of gifted and anointed congregational Worship Leaders. Ben, alongside the Worship Core Team, co-ordinates song writing projects through to release - For more information about our musical releases, visit wellspring-worship.org. To find out more about how you can serve on our Worship or Tech teams in any of our locations or congregations, then head to the ‘Gather’ menu above and click on ‘Worship’.
Ben has also been involved in the leadership of AOG Worship - a national movement, born out of AOG Great Britain, that seeks to connect and equip worship leaders to build kingdom shaped worship in the local church. For more information visit aogworship.com and listen to their debut EP ‘With One Voice’.
Ben lives in Watford with his wife Charlotte, and during his spare time he enjoys song writing, listening to music, long walks, coffee, playing and watching sports, and spending time with friends and family.
- Dave is married to Rosie and they have 3 lively lads. As a result he has unexpected knowledge of F1, trains and a range of computer games and machines! They have been part of Wellspring for nearly 2 years but have partnered with ongoing projects and known many in the church for much longer. Dave has studied Economics, Politics, Theology and Accounting in 3 different locations. He has previously worked for 2 churches in 2 different counties in a range of roles. Born in Kent in the 1960's (just), he has lived in West Watford since 1997, although only expecting to stay 3 years. An interest in family history led to the discoveries that his pre-deceased grandfather went to Watford Fields school and as seen on a wooden board in Watford museum went as a scholar into the Navy aged 13! Rosie’s dad and grandfather also went to Watford fields school at different times! Dave likes numbers, maps, making interesting connections, a good chat, natural history, reading biography, current affairs, and welcoming and helping people out.
- Hannah joined the staff team in June 2013, she is married to David and lives in Central Watford. As well as organising events and assisting with the administration of our church, Hannah can be found at our main reception area meeting and greeting the public and our church family.
In her spare time Hannah enjoys going to the theatre, watching a good film, spending time with her family and baking.
- Dan has served as the congregational leader for North Bushey since 2014 and is married to the gorgeous Helen Harrison. They have been part of the wider Church in Watford for most of their lives and since being married have loved serving the Church in various ways. In February 2016 Dan was welcomed onto the staff team here at Wellspring Church. He leads the team that serves the Sunday services in North Bushey and he longs to inspire the whole congregation to reach out to the community. He also provides a link with the community that he is passionate to reach with the love of God.
When he is not working for the church Dan is a part time physiotherapist. He works for London North West Healthcare NHS trust at Northwick Park Hospital and he works in an outpatient team to help injured patients return to their pre-injury status. He loves to play all kinds of sport and is often heard analysing England’s latest defeat or Arsenal’s latest victory. He is also a keen runner and regularly competes in local races as well as the occasional marathon.
Reuben is our Saturday Central Assistant and has been a part of wellspring church for 4 years. He joined Wellspring Church through our Friday night Youth group that meets weekly during term time, from this he made the step to attend on a Sunday. In Reuben’s own words his motivation to serve the church is to meet new people and to share his smile with the rest of the world, in the word of God. Reuben loves Lego, both making his own models and following instructions. He also works as a tree surgeon which is handy because he loves climbing trees. Reuben is also a big film fanatic and has too many in his room. And last but not least he collects bottle caps!
- John, Jodie and their two kids Evan and Hannah, moved to Watford in the August of 2017 from Seattle, USA. Jodie and John met 21 years ago in Edinburgh, Scotland where they were both working with YWAM (Youth With A Mission). The family moved to watford for a few different reasons, but essentially they believe that it is where God is calling them to be right now.Jodie has a professional background in education and for the 9 years before arriving in Watford she taught in and led a small Christian school in Seattle. As a couple they have been involved with international missions in one way or another for the last 20 years. We are very much looking forward to have jodie as part of our team and we are excited to see the overseas missions ministry with Wellspring Church grow and thrive.