We have a talented and enthusiastic staff team here at Wellspring Church, all working in different ways to support the ministries of every member of our church family. We are so grateful that the staff team’s work is made all the more enjoyable and effective because of a growing group of volunteers, some of whom come into the office/centre on a weekly basis to help out.
To find out about each member of the staff team and what they do, have a click below!
- Ben Dear is our Worship Leader in Central Watford. Ben joined our staff team in August 2013, primarily on a year long internship, alongside his studies at London School of Theology in Northwood. Since graduating with a BA Hons degree in Theology & Worship in September 2014, Ben has served on the staff team here in a number of roles, but is currently working part-time as one of our Worship Leaders.
Ben's primary role is to co-ordinate and prepare our Music & Tech teams for our Sunday services in our Central Watford location, as well as co-ordinating the Worship Core Team – a team made up of gifted and anointed congregational Worship Leaders. Ben, alongside the Worship Core Team, co-ordinates song writing projects through to release - For more information about our musical releases, visit wellspring-worship.org. To find out more about how you can serve on our Worship or Tech teams in any of our locations or congregations, then head to the ‘Gather’ menu above and click on ‘Worship’.
Ben has also been involved in the leadership of AOG Worship - a national movement, born out of AOG Great Britain, that seeks to connect and equip worship leaders to build kingdom shaped worship in the local church. For more information visit aogworship.com and listen to their debut EP ‘With One Voice’.
Ben lives in Watford with his wife Charlotte, and during his spare time he enjoys song writing, listening to music, long walks, coffee, playing and watching sports, and spending time with friends and family.
- Nathan & Meredith Jones are our Worship Leaders in North Bushey (Volunteers). Nathan and Meredith joined us from Texas, USA, with their three children. Together they felt the call of God to leave home and have very much made North Bushey their home since. They have incredible musical and worship leading talents and their desire is to see people connect with Jesus through song. They have been an integral part of Wellspring Worship and have written and introduced new songs that are available to download or buy from the store. They are part of a band called ‘Luxford’ and seek to bring light to dark places through their music, they can often be seen performing various venues across Watford and beyond.
They have a wholehearted desire to enjoy life and like nothing more than hanging out with friends, playing silly games and laughing into the small hours.
- Stephanie Embree is our Ministry Assistant. Stephanie joined the staff team in July 2018, after graduating from London School of Theology with a degree in Theology. She is originally from Texas, but has lived in the U.K. for the last several years working for churches and studying. In her role Stephanie oversees our Community Groups, is involved in teaching and leading during Sunday services, works with Youth, and helps in various Wellspring projects and partnerships.
In her spare time Stephanie enjoys reading, spending time with friends, and exploring new places.
- John & Jodie Laing are our Stevenage Congregation Leaders (Volunteers). John, Jodie and their two kids Evan and Hannah, moved to Watford in the August of 2017 from Seattle, USA. Jodie and John met 21 years ago in Edinburgh, Scotland where they were both working with YWAM (Youth With A Mission). The family moved to Watford for a few different reasons, but essentially they believe that it is where God is calling them to be right now.Jodie has a professional background in education and for the 9 years before arriving in Watford she taught in and led a small Christian school in Seattle. As a couple they have been involved with international missions in one way or another for the last 20 years. We are very much looking forward to have jodie as part of our team and we are excited to see the overseas missions ministry with Wellspring Church grow and thrive.
- Dave Pennie is our Finance & Charity Administrator. Dave is married to Rosie and they have 3 lively lads. As a result he has unexpected knowledge of F1, trains and a range of computer games and machines! They have been part of Wellspring since 2014 but have partnered with ongoing projects and known many in the church for much longer. Dave has studied Economics, Politics, Theology and Accounting in 3 different locations. He has previously worked for 2 churches in 2 different counties in a range of roles.
Born in Kent in the 1960's (just), he has lived in West Watford since 1997, although only expecting to stay 3 years. An interest in family history led to the discoveries that his pre-deceased grandfather went to Watford Fields school and as seen on a wooden board in Watford museum went as a scholar into the Navy aged 13! Rosie’s dad and grandfather also went to Watford fields school at different times! Dave likes numbers, maps, making interesting connections, a good chat, natural history, reading biography, current affairs, and welcoming and helping people out.
Richard Thomas is our Fundraising Manager for the exciting Wellspring building 'Extend' project, and joined us in 2018. He has a background in charity governance and fundraising, having worked in the charity sector for over 15 years. He works three days a week as part of the finance team and has been going to Wellspring since 2015. Richard enjoys playing the drums, sailing and being in the great outdoors. Watford born and bred.
- Hannah Dodwell is our Events & Communications Assistant. Hannah joined the staff team in June 2013, she is married to David and lives in Central Watford. As well as organising events and assisting with the administration of our church, Hannah can be found at our main reception area meeting and greeting the public and our church family.
In her spare time Hannah enjoys going to the theatre, watching a good film, spending time with her family and baking.
Sopheta is our Events Service Assistant, supporting and welcoming our Guests during the week. She attends a local fellowship. Sopheta is an encourager who loves to share the love and peace of God with others, living out faith in action. A joyful thinker bursting with Life 'outside the box'. She has a heart to listen, hear and learn. Loves all beautiful things creatively expressed.
- Spencer Wylie is our Events Service Assistant.
Lisa Conatser is our Family Support Worker (Volunteer). Lisa joined the Wellspring staff team in February 2018. She has come to join us all the way from Texas, USA, with her husband Christian and their three children Moses, Simon and Valentine. Lisa is a trained professional counsellor, registered with the BACP and has used her skills in the secular workplace as well as the church. She currently serves families in Wellspring and across the community through counselling, parent forums, family support within local schools, and various kids and youth ministries in the church.
- Reuben Williamson has been our Saturday Central Wellspring Assistant since 2016. He joined Wellspring Church through our Friday night Youth group that meets weekly during term time, from this he made the step to attend on a Sunday. In Reuben’s own words his motivation to serve the church is to meet new people and to share his smile with the rest of the world, in the word of God. Reuben loves Lego, both making his own models and following instructions. He also works as a tree surgeon which is handy because he loves climbing trees. Reuben is also a big film fanatic and has too many in his room. And last but not least he collects bottle caps!