We have a talented and enthusiastic staff team here at Wellspring Church, all working in different ways to support the ministries of every member of our church family. We are so grateful that the staff team’s work is made all the more enjoyable and effective because of a growing group of volunteers, some of whom come into the office/centre on a weekly basis to help out.
To find out about each member of the staff team and what they do, have a click below!
Tim is our Senior Minister, and is married to Helen Roberts. They have three enthusiastic children and have lived in the Watford area since the mid-1990s. Together with Helen Tim has been leading Wellspring Church since 1998, and his main role is to provide strategic and visionary leadership to Senior Leadership, and to the church as a
whole, through inspirational preaching, leadership development and key decision making… all of this with the wholehearted desire to see God’s life, power, growth and fruit all over the place!
Tim serves in a number of wider leadership roles in the area including Fire Service Chaplain, and Chair of Christians Across Watford. Tim is a lifelong Norwich City supporter who loves family barbecues, early morning runs, design, photography, good movies, inspiring books and long evenings with good friends.
Helen is our Executive Minister, and is married to Tim Roberts. They have three enthusiastic children and have lived in the Watford area since the mid-1990s. Since 1998 Helen has shared the joy and challenges of leading Wellspring Church with a passionate commitment to see our vision become a reality.
Helen’s role sees her overseeing the Senior Management Team, encouraging our staff in their roles to mobilise scores of volunteers engaged in our many life-changing ministries; she has served alongside Tim on the Senior Leadership Team since 1998. Helen is an inspiring communicator who loves to help people step into greater freedom as followers of Christ. She enjoys time with her family, good books, regular exercise and holidays.
David is our Children and Youth Minister; he has also served on our Senior Leadership Team for a number of years. He is married to Hannah and they live in central Watford. His inspiring ministry leading both the Community Kids and Community Youth teams brings truth to life in the hearts and minds of all those under 18. David is passionate about seeing a generation of young people raised up who are confident because God loves them and mission-minded because God sends them. With this vision in mind, David visits local schools and equips various teams who hold events and groups for kids and youth on Sundays and midweek.
David loves food (of almost any variety!), time with family and friends, action movies, games, a variety of sports, anime and most things Oriental.
Nikki has served on our staff team in a variety of roles for many years. Currently, Nikki performs a range of key administrative roles in the Wellspring Church office ensuring the growing variety of ministries are well organised and efficiently run.
Nikki lives in West Watford with her husband Jonathan and their two growing sons; she loves spending time with her family, watching good movies, walking in the countryside and fair weather gardening.
- Siobhan is the newest member of the Wellspring Staff Team having joined us on 4th April 2016. Siobhan has previously worked in the corporate sector, specifically the oil industry, and she looks forward to this newopportunity, as Centre Manager, of maintaining the high standard of the facility and promoting Wellspring’s conference services in order to assist in the facilitation of Wellspring’s Vision and Values.Siobhan loves good dramas especially Scandanivian/Norwegian thrillers, is an avid cinema goer, enjoys the gym and has been known to pound the pavement on occasion.
- Ben joined our staff team in August 2013, primarily on a year long internship, alongside his studies at London School of Theology in Northwood. Since graduating with a BA Hons degree in Theology & Worship in September 2014, Ben took up the full time role of Music, Worship & Media Leader here and also serves on our Senior Leadership Team as a Ministry Leader. As of summer 2017 Ben’s new role changed to Ministry Leader for Worship & Young Adults.
As well as being one of the worship leaders at Wellspring Church, Ben's primary role is to co-ordinate and prepare our Music & Tech teams for our Sunday services, and other events when necessary, as well as playing a leading role in connecting, encouraging and engaging the young adults of Wellspring Church with our vision. Ben, alongside his Core Team, co-ordinates album projects from songwriting to release. For more information about our musical releases, visit wellspring-worship.org. To find out more about how you can serve on our Worship or Tech teams, then head to the ‘Gather’ menu above and click on ‘Worship’.
Ben is also involved in the leadership of AOG Worship - a national movement, born out of AOG Great Britain, that seeks to connect and equip worship leaders to build kingdom shaped worship in the local church. For more information visit aogworship.com.
Ben lives in the centre of Watford with his wife Charlotte, and during his spare time he enjoys songwriting, listening to music, long walks, coffee, playing and watching sports, and spending time with friends and family.
- Hannah joined the staff team in June 2013, she is married to David and lives in Central Watford. As well as organising events and assisting with the administration of our church, Hannah can be found at our main reception area meeting and greeting the public and our church family.
In her spare time Hannah enjoys going to the theatre, watching a good film, spending time with her family and baking.
- Dan has served as the congregational leader for North Bushey since 2014 and is married to the gorgeous Helen Harrison. They have been part of the wider Church in Watford for most of their lives and since being married have loved serving the Church in various ways. In February 2016 Dan was welcomed onto the staff team here at Wellspring Church. He leads the team that serves the Sunday services in North Bushey and he longs to inspire the whole congregation to reach out to the community. He also provides a link with the community that he is passionate to reach with the love of God.
When he is not working for the church Dan is a part time physiotherapist. He works for London North West Healthcare NHS trust at Northwick Park Hospital and he works in an outpatient team to help injured patients return to their pre-injury status. He loves to play all kinds of sport and is often heard analysing England’s latest defeat or Arsenal’s latest victory. He is also a keen runner and regularly competes in local races as well as the occasional marathon.
- Dave is married to Rosie and they have 3 lively lads. As a result he has unexpected knowledge of F1, trains and a range of computer games and machines! They have been part of Wellspring for nearly 2 years but have partnered with ongoing projects and known many in the church for much longer. Dave has studied Economics, Politics, Theology and Accounting in 3 different locations. He has previously worked for 2 churches in 2 different counties in a range of roles. Born in Kent in the 1960's (just), he has lived in West Watford since 1997, although only expecting to stay 3 years. An interest in family history led to the discoveries that his pre-deceased grandfather went to Watford Fields school and as seen on a wooden board in Watford museum went as a scholar into the Navy aged 13! Rosie’s dad and grandfather also went to Watford fields school at different times! Dave likes numbers, maps, making interesting connections, a good chat, natural history, reading biography, current affairs, and welcoming and helping people out.
Reuben is our Saturday Central Assistant and has been a part of wellspring church for 4 years. He joined Wellspring Church through our Friday night Youth group that meets weekly during term time, from this he made the step to attend on a Sunday. In Reuben’s own words his motivation to serve the church is to meet new people and to share his smile with the rest of the world, in the word of God. Reuben loves Lego, both making his own models and following instructions. He also works as a tree surgeon which is handy because he loves climbing trees. Reuben is also a big film fanatic and has too many in his room. And last but not least he collects bottle caps!